Education and professional background:
- 1958: born in Beijing
- Specialist for physical and rehabilitative medicine
- longtime physician with the Chinese Olympic team
- longtime head of department at the Deutsches Zentrum für Chinesische Medizin (German center for Chinese medicine) in Bad Füssing (Lower Bavaria)
- Medicinal director of the Deutsche TUINA Akademie GmbH (Berlin/Leipzig)
- Medicinal director and examiner for manual therapy at the mediABC (institute for advanced and continued training) in Nuremberg
- Executive board member of the Deutscher Dachverband für Qigong und Taijiquan e.V. (DDQT; German umbrella organization for Qigong and Taijiquan)
- Languages: German, English, Chinese (native)
- international book author
Wanderer zwischen den Welten (“Wanderer in between the worlds”) – Die Welt | December 18, 2000
Richtiger Punkt. Akupressur bringt Qi auf Trab (“The right spot. Acupressure gets Qi going”) – N24 | July 7, 2010
Abschied: Dr. Weizhong Sun sagt “Zàijiàn” (“Farewell: Dr. Weizhong Sun says ‘Zàijiàn'”) – Passauer Neue Presse | August 11, 2015
In cooperation with Arne Kapner:
Tuina Therapy: Treatment of Adults and Children. Thieme, Jan. 2011.
- German edition: Hippokrates 2007, 2nd edition.
- French edition: Maloine, Paris, Jan. 2009.
- Italian edition: Boroli Editore spa, Milano, 2009.
- Spanish edition: Paidotriba, Barcelona, Jan. 2009.
- Japanese edition: Sunchoh, Tokyo Japan, Nov. 2012.
Dadi-Qigong. Bavaria publ., 1999
Das große Qi-Gong-Basisbuch: Erleben Sie die Kraft sanfter Bewegungen. (The great book of Qi Gong basics. Experience the power of soft movements). Includes CD ROM. Trias, 3rd edition. 2012. Italian edition: Boroli Editore Spa, Milano, 2009.