Acupuncture reenergizes your life and is proven to alleviate physical and psychological ailments. This insight is not really new.
Historical research shows that the use of acupuncture as a systematic curing method had developed in Asia already before the Christian era. Over the course of the centuries, rather than receding into oblivion, it became more specialized and enhanced.
Acupuncture now is recognized as an alternative cure and receives high esteem. It helps to precisely stimulate and regulate the body’s energy flow. Alongside plant-based medicine and pharmacology, moxibustion and the Chinese massage technique TUINA, acupuncture plays a central role in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
Which ailments can be treated through acupuncture?
The efficacy of acupuncture is widely accepted today. In 2002, the World Health Organization (WHO) released a list of disease types for which acupuncture is recommended as therapy.
Acupuncture is proven to help with:
- Respiratory diseases (asthma and bronchitis)
- Dermatological diseases (neurodermitis, nettle rash, etc.)
- Cardiovascular conditions (hypertony, hypotony, circulatory disorder)
- gynecological conditions (abnormous estrous cycle, dysmenorrhea, PMS fertility disorders, frigidity, etc.)
- pregnancy preparation, pregnancy disorders
- neurological diseases (migraine, tension headache, trigeminal neuralgia, phantom pain, zoster neuralgia, vegetative dysfunction)
- gastro-intestinal diseases (functional gastro-intestinal disorder, gastritis, gastroenteritis, irritable bowel, colitis ulcerosa, Crohn’s disease, etc.)
- Muscoskeletal diseases (pain syndromes, arthrosis, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.)
- mental and psychosomatic disorders and addictions (depressive mood, depression, sleep disorders, burn out, anxiety, detox, bulimia, obesity, etc.)
Acupuncture as an alternative treatment
In our practice, we not only offer therapy procedures using our deep medicinal expertise and solid knowledge of TCM practices – we also make sure to align our services with our patients’ individual needs.
We expertly perform classical body acupuncture as well as ear, skull, and electrical acupuncture.
Depending on individual need, an acupuncture session takes 20 to 50 minutes.
The number of sessions needed, however, depends on the type of ailment and on how long it has persisted. On average, a prototypical treatment consists of 5 to 15 therapy sessions.
Therapy sessions can be performed either daily or two to three times a week.